It’s 10th year since the Apple has marked the occasion with a new iPhone that doesn’t just jump one generation, it jumps several. Apple has leapt straight from iPhone 7 via 8 and all the way to iPhone X (yes, that’s how you are supposed to say it), bypassing the iPhone 7s.
Despite rumours of limited stock, the iPhone X is finally in stores. Thousands of people queued around blocks the world over to pick up the new Apple handset on launch day, in scenes we haven’t seen for a few years. All Apple had to do to get so much attention was redesign the iPhone.
The iPhone X gets the best of everything Apple and its providers have had in the lab. A new AMOLED HDR screen. A new steel frame. A new camera with dual optical stabilization. The best chipset on the market. A new front camera with depth-detection. Wireless charging. All that at the expense of a little notch.
Apple iPhone X features
- Body: Stainless steel frame, reinforced glass front, and rear, IP67 certified for water and dust resistance.
- Screen: 5.8″ bezel-less Super AMOLED screen of 1125 x 2436px resolution.
- OS: Apple iOS 11
- Chipset: Hexa-core (2 Monsoon + 4 Mistral) 2.39GHz Apple CPU, tri-core Apple GPU, Apple A11 Bionic SoC
- Memory: 3GB of RAM; 64/256GB of internal storage (non-expandable)
- Camera: Dual 12MP camera: wide-angle F/1.8 with OIS + telephoto F/2.4 with OIS, live bokeh effects (including Portrait mode and Portrait Lightning), zoom, quad-LED flash with slow sync, phase detection auto focus, wide color gamut capture
- Video recording: 2160p@60/30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps video recording
- Selfie: 7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode, 1080p@30fps video, depth detection for Portrait mode and animoji
- Storage: 64GB or 256GB of built-in storage
- Connectivity: 4G LTE , Wi-Fi 802.11ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, Lightning port, GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS; NFC.
- Battery: 2,716mAh battery, wireless charging.
- Misc: Face ID through dedicated TrueDepth camera, Stereo speakers, Taptic Engine.